Monday, November 30, 2009

Wish I Was An English Muffin...

About to make the most out of a toaster.

(This is completely off topic, but if you haven't listened to Punky's Dilemma by Simon and Garfunkel, please do. In fact, let me save you some time)

If you want to be 10X more enlightened, stare into Art Garfunkel's eyes while you listen. I'm just saying.

Bunny trail! I'm back.


I made a gluten-free, (almost) vegan boysenberry and walnut scone last night (which Paul and Art would have been proud of, if you listen to what they have to say about boysenberries in the song!). I enjoyed it terribly- in fact I'm glad I just made one because I think I would have stuffed myself full of them if I had made more. This morning, as I scarfed my scone and cold-brewed coffee (more on that magic later!) It occurred to me that I'd enjoy sharing these gluten-free magic bits with the world- or at least my church and neighborhood.

What I'm trying to say is this: I'll keep working on my recipe. If anyone has any leads on a market in Brooklyn I could sell them at (possibly in the spring) give me a shout.

I'm curious if anyone out there knows how one goes about securing a spot at a farmer's market or like function.

Gluten-free life was somewhat thrust upon me almost a year ago- I found out about my food allergies on the morning that my friends and I were preparing a breakfast of Eggs Benedict (everything I'm supposed to avoid rolled into one). I've been constantly learning that this lifestyle doesn't need to be a punishment. It's a unique opportunity to enjoy what I can eat- and bless others with it too!

No comments: