Thursday, December 17, 2009

Favorite Coffee.

Mind you, this is with the exception of Stumptown, a Northwest favorite of mine. Stumptown has the Carroll Gardens market under monopoly, due in part that it's brewed in Red Hook and the owners of Cafe Pedlar, Prime Meats, and Frankie's all serve it (so maybe they don't have a monopoly, but it certainly feels like it because I go to all of these places and they're all on Court Street). But seriously, they distribute to a bunch of other restaurants on Smith Street.

Gorilla Coffee.


It's robust. It's got Brooklyn pride. It's fair trade. It's on 5th Avenue right across from one of the churches I attend (TOO CONVENIENT).

I think my favorite thing about Gorilla Coffee is their marketing. They have a very bold and intentional design to their labels, t-shirts, coffee bags, etc. They ALSO give you a sweet box with the Gorilla screen-printed on the front when you buy three 1-lb bags of coffee. So good!

The point is, this place inspires me in its own right. There's a lot of other things I could say about this place- but I have to go to work. And you have to go check it out. ASAP.

No comments: