Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Goal: Stop. Motion.

I am awake. I slept later today after a terrible train mishap last night during my journey from Washington Heights where my buddy Sharee lives back to Brooklyn. NEVER, EVER make a bad train call after ten- you may not make it home. I came up with a very crass and fairly clever slogan for my evening involving the letters of the trains I was supposed to be catching to get home (as a lady, I will not post them here- rather, if you want to know what I came up with, I'll tell you via email or in person if you know me...). I overshot my stop on the A (I thought it was running on the F track) and as I sat on the verge of tears at the Lafayette Station (I have to note that Paul Simon was taunting me with this fact on "That Was Your Mother" at the moment I was sitting in the station) it occurred to me that I could sleep on the bench I was sitting on, wake up at 7 am, and head to work. But I ended up going home, because the train did finally show up.

During the time I was sitting and pouting, I started to think about this stop-motion project I wanted to do about a year ago to a song called "Keep on Running" by Cat Power. I think I'm going to start working on it... soon.

Remember: This blog is called the "pursuit" of creative happiness. Pursuit sometimes feels like a snails pace. And sometimes like the ideas I have are never going to escape out of my brain. I keep on pursuing what I enjoy, slowly but surely.

1 comment:

Schlaeps said...

What! You're into Stop-Motion too??? Crazy cool!