Saturday, February 27, 2010

Oh Hey, I Knitted Something for My Head.

This definitely is nowhere near perfect, but I'm so proud of it because I followed and finished my first knitting pattern ever. I got the pattern for FREE from Brooklyn Mercantile after purchasing a ball of yarn (and needles, but if I had already owned them I would have only had to buy the yarn).




Along the way, I found out that I was purling wrong... that was fun to realize. It made sense though- my knitting has always had a strange slant to it. I sat in BM for nearly two hours with one of the ladies who literally eyeballed my every stitch to make sure I was doing things right. It was incredibly kind and helpful of her.




I chose to adorn the ear warmer/headband with a matching brooch and earring I inherited from Mom Hennessy through Grandma Larsen. A lot of Brooklyn-ites are sporting the big knit flowers on their headbands, but that's just not really my thing. Maybe sometimes, but not this time.

In sum, this venture (in my book) was a full success. So was my trip to 30 Rock tonight when I got to see J-Lo on SNL. Irrelevant but equally awesome.

2 comments:

RacheldHurley said...

oooooh my gosh adorable. I love it, especially the earring/brooch adornment.

Christy Merry said...

Love it!!

You'd like my MN roomie for Oct. She is an award-winning knitter!